HomeExchangeGOLD - Listing #108610 - San Francisco - Los Altos Hills is BEST location in Northern California Bay Area ... weather, lack of crime, home-town feel, access to Yosemite, Carmel, SF, Tahoe...
Translate this listing into:
|Show All||Our Home||Our Neighborhood||Other Information||Our Dates||Our Destinations||About Us||Languages Spoken|
Listing ID # 108610
Interested in my Listing?
|People in our Party:||2|
|Nearest Large City:|
|Nearest Major Airport:|
|San Jose (SJC) or San Francisco (SFO)|
Not a Member?
|Children in our Party:||No|
Cannot see neighbors from backyard/pool areas
One (1) acre lot
Outdoor BBQ and Tiki Torches on built-in gas
Very Large Home
We have car(s) available, too (big and small) (convertible and 4x4 with bike/ski racks)
We have 2 Segway's but we may take them with us??
|Single Family||Senior Friendly|
All underground utilities (No telephone poles or overhead electrical wires)
Very quiet neighbors
Approximate Driving Distance from our home to famous sites:
- San Francisco and Bay ... 40 minutes
- Beaches of Pacific Ocean (Santa Cruz and Half Moon Bay) ... 40 minutes
- Silicon Valley ... 10-20 minutes
- Stanford University ... 10 minutes
- Carmel / Monterey / Pebble Beach ... 1-1/2 hours
- Napa Wine Country ... 2 hours
- Sacramento (Arnold Schwarzenegger) ... 2 hours
- Yosemite National Park ... 3-1/2 hours
- Lake Tahoe (Squaw Valley, etc.) ... 4 hours
- Santa Barbara ...4 hours
- Hollywood / Los Angeles ... 5 hours
- San Diego and Southern California ... 7 hours
We have developed a good document that will help you navigate questions about our house/neighborhood/town/etc. during your stay here.
We have done long-term HomeExchanges (2 months) and short-term exchanges (1 week) and in between ... all have been very successful on all houses in the Exchange.
|Internet Access||Private Pool||Laundry||Fax|
|Maid Service||Air Conditioning|
|Smoking Prohibited||Plant care needed|
|Auto Exchange is preferred||Auto Exchange is negotiable|
We are retired, so very flexible with dates.
We are willing/able to travel with virtually no notice ... or with lots of notice (months ahead of time).
Just ask us !!
We'll trade houses around California, especially Santa Barbara, Southern California (on beach), Lake Tahoe, etc.
We are also looking to travel to Europe (Southern France or Italy or ...).
And, we'd like to spend time in New Zealand (your Summer months).
And, we'd like to spend more time in Australia during your Summer.
We are also looking to travel to Europe (ski mountain areas) during Winter for 2-6 weeks or any other time of year.
We travel to Fiji several times a year, so an exchange with someone's house/bure there would be easy for us to do ... Savusavu, Taveuni, Yasawa's, Kadavu, etc.
Family of five (5) ... but now our kids are off to college and beyond. We (ages=50's) are active: ski, scuba dive, travel, photograph, dine out, explore, hike/bike, tennis, etc. Non-smokers.
We also have a brand new place in Fiji (see www.fijifiji.com or http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150530323777361.374731.515347360&type=3), which may be available !!!
We can offer the bure (housing) for free, but you'd have to pay for food/drinks/boat-transportation/housecleaning/cook/excursions/etc. Because our place is so remote (which is why people like it !!!!), you cannot do these things yourselves (to save money) nor are their options to go to a "restaurant" … there are NO restaurants there except ours.
For other typical paying guests, these are included:
- 100% private secluded beach (no one can "drive by" ... there are no roads here !! )
- Personal Staff: Butler/Cook/Activities Director/house-cleaning/Manager
- Bure is brand-new (2011)
- Sleeps 4: Australian King-sized Master Bed and two (2) over-size Single Beds
- Private Outdoor Shower with Ocean Views
- All-solar powered (green), LED lighting, Fans (plus natural air-conditioning)
- "Kava Bowl" Bar Sink
- Hair Dryer (solar-power driven, so other appliances should be off during use)
- Includes all meals
- Several dining location options
- Transfers from Taveuni or Buca Bay
- Misc. snorkel gear, wetsuits, fins
- Golf clubs (sand/pitching wedges)
- 3-4 kayaks (Ocean Kayak)
- Stand Up Paddle Board (Fury)
- Windsurfer (Mistral)
- Wake-board and Deluxe Tow-behind Water Tube (Body-Glove)
- Deep-Sea Fishing Gear
- Beach-side Sunbrellas, Chaise Lounges, Hammock,
- Sporting Goods (Frisbees, football, soccer ball, waterpolo ball, etc.)
- Music (Live Music and Bring-your-own-iPod-style-System)
- No TV's !!!
- Nature/Science Books (Fishes, Corals, Birds, Plants, Astronomy, Fiji, etc.)
- Wireless Internet via Vodafone-Connect modem to guest's laptop(s)
|Available now||Long Term||Golf|